Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Faith of a child

For those who commented on my ribs, thank you for your thoughts and prayers! I am doing much better, and I know it is due to prayer. On Friday night, I was in such horrible pain that every time I moved I was in tears. Evie laid her hands on my ribs and prayed for me. The next day, I wasn't doing too bad. Evie kept praying for me. Then Sunday I woke up and hardly even noticed the pain at all! That was no shock to Evie :). She knew God answered her prayers! So it was a cool thing to see Him heal my body so quickly. I am so thankful!! Jeff said we aren't going to do any more X Games sledding :).

We have been doing really well with the gluten free/casein free (gfcf) diet. I have been amazed at how much stuff there is at the store that we can eat. Jeff found a chocolate cake mix in the health food aisle at the grocery store that was gfcf. He made it for the Superbowl party, and it was really good! I would never have known it was gfcf! I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate more beans into our diet. I love beans, and they are such a great source of protein. Plus they are gfcf. I'm just trying to figure out a way to make them less....noisy. Lol. The other day I was looking online trying to find ways to make beans less gassy. I wrote down everything I found, and am going to try the first idea today. I am making curried lentils, and I am actually soaking the lentils (which isn't necessary since they cook quick). I am soaking them in baking soda and water. That is supposedly supposed to help take away the gassiness. We will see. As I was writing down all the ideas, I couldn't help it. I started singing the "beans beans" song. You know how it goes. "Beans beans the musical fruit, the more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel, so lets have beans for every meal!" My word, I felt like a junior high boy just typing that. Evie heard me sing that, and she laughed and laughed. Then she wanted me to teach it to her. I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I did. Tonight we will have to see if the baking soda soak worked. If not, I am reminded of the church bulletin blooper....We will be having a bean supper. Music will follow.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

LOLOL! Jen you're too funny. I made chili this weekend need I say more .. the music followed. LOLOL!

Daisy said...

I meant to mention ... praise God for Evie's faith!!!

SchnauzerMom said...

I love beans too in spite of the side effects. I hope the baking soda works. If it does I'll try it next time.