Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hair, there and everywhere

It has been an interesting last few days. Dolly has been sick, and yesterday I was giving her homemade Pedialyte every 30 minutes. She is much better today and finally eating and drinking. I am so glad she is better! It is no fun having sick kids or sick animals!

Today was a girly girl salon day for Evie and I. I pretended that we were at the salon, and I did her nails and toes. We did it outside because it was still cooler out. Then we went inside and I put mascara and lipstick on her. She wanted to do her own hair because I was messing with mine. I was shocked at how grown up she looked! It gave me a glimpse of what she will look like at 15 :). Putting mascara on her was way fun. She has eyelashes that just keep on going!


















My bangs have been really bugging me, so I decided to do a bit of a change. At first I trimmed them so that they would lay more normally. I wanted to be able to wear them side swooped, but also all down if I wanted to. This was my first attempt after the trim. I wish I would have put my hair up for the first pic, because my goal was to soften my look with my hair up. The second and third picture are when I wore my bangs all down, but had my hair up. Don't you think that third picture is super flattering??? lol!







































After Evie and I checked out the pics, I didn't like the bangs! I couldn't figure out why. I don't like how my hair looks when I wear it up, especially from the front, so that didn't help. I wanted to try and soften the look when my hair is up, since I wear it up so often (especially in the summer). So after I saw these pics, I added a bit more into the bangs, and gave me some more whispy's. When my hair is down, you can't see the whispy's. Here is a pic with a side sweep, and one with my bangs more down.




















I haven't figured out if I like it yet or not. I hate how I look in pictures, especially with my hair up. I guess I am ultra picky about myself. Anyways, let me know what you all think!

8 comments:

Jules said...

I think you look gorgeous in all the photos but my favourite is the first one of you with Evie. I actually prefer the 'cleaner' look of you without the extra wispies. But oh how I undersand the bang dilemma. I don't like the way I look without bangs, but I never seem to be able to find a way to like how I look with them despite DH telling me that they look fine or he likes them or whatever. I think you have to be happy but I also think you're way too hard on yourself. If I looked as good in pics I'd be super happy!

SchnauzerMom said...

I think you look very pretty!

Jen said...

Jules - Thank you! I'm totally with you on the "cleaner" look. I already decided to grow out the whispys. I'm not really liking the thicker bangs either. I can't really tell a difference from before. They don't look much different to me. So I am growing those out too. Thankfully it won't be very noticeable growing it out. Thank you for letting me know your opinion! I appreciate it!


SM - Thank you!!

Kelly said...

Jen, Evie is just beautiful. Isn't it odd how sometimes you see them and you can see how they'll look in the future. Like some futurist deja'vu.
I also like the cleaner look with the hair. Though I can't really do the wispy thing with my hair since its curly and tends to frizz. Are you still trying to grow out your bangs? That can be hard, but I have to say that not having bangs is so much nicer.

Kelly said...

and I loved the photos of you and Evie together, I know she's adopted but I swear she looks more and more like you everyday

Jen said...

Hi Kelly! You made my day when you wrote that Evie and I looked alike :). Thank you for saying that! As for the bangs, I have no idea what I am doing with them! Lol! I'm thinking I am going to be growing out the extra bangs I cut, and I am going to stick with the side sweep bangs with no whispy's.

April said...

Hi Jen :). My favorite shot of you is the last one, but without the wispies. That is, that's my favorite shot of your bangs; they look very softly pushed to the side. I'm not explaining it well, but it just looks softer than all the bangs being pushed over in one big chunk. :)

You and Evie are both gorgeous. Be sure to appreciate the way you look now because when you're older and look back you'll think, "Dang, I sure looked good back then and I didn't even appreciate it." Ask me how I know - lol... :)

Whatever way you go you will look beautiful, but I know the frustration of trying to soften up the front-on look when wearing an updo. I'm still trying to figure out how to soften mine, but bangs don't work well on me anymore, though I wore them for years and years when I had my big hair perm.

I like that you posted your silly faces; they made me smile and you both still looked very cute. :)

Jen said...

Thanks April for your input, and for your sweet compliments! I still haven't figured out what bangs look I like on me yet. I do know that growing out the wispy's is already a huge pain :(! At least I didn't cut too big of chunks. I hope I look as amazing as you do when I am older! I showed a picture of you to my hubby about a year ago and had him guess your age. He guessed you were in your early 30's. You look GORGEOUS!