Friday, May 23, 2008

Planting flowers

My hubby came home from Texas/Oklahoma early this afternoon. Yay! We went to a new authentic Mexican restaurant for lunch. It is a new place only a few miles from us, and the food was awesome. I am learning to split restaurant meals with Evie because there is always way too much food to eat otherwise. We split chicken fajitas, and they were so good. Afterwards we came home for awhile and Jeff took a nap. He had to get up at 3:00 a.m. this morning because he had such an early flight. After he took a nap for about an hour, we went and bought some vegetable plants and a bunch of flowers. Evie helped me plant the flowers in my flower beds after we got home while Jeff worked on laying landscape fabric in one of my other flower beds. I planted petunias and impatients. We bought some perennials for the flower bed Jeff worked on, but we ran out of time to put them in.

We bought some stuff for the house today. We had been going for a rustic theme for our house, but I finally gave up. We live in a subdivision, so the rustic hunting lodge theme just doesn't make much sense. It was starting to feel really redneck. We are going for more of a traditional look now. We have a plant shelf in the living room, and we bought some silk plants for up there. I need a few more things to fill it up. We also bought ceiling fans for the living room and our bedroom. Last year we really needed them because both rooms got so hot in the summer. Hopefully Jeff will be able to put them in easily. He has to do wiring, so that always takes more time. Thankfully my hubby is really handy! I'm so glad to have him home again!

1 comment:

SchnauzerMom said...

Looks like you're going to be really busy planting all those plants. Your house sounds very pretty.