Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The goodness of God

I was reminded today of the beautiful verses in the Bible in Lamentations 3:22-23 that talks about God's mercies being new every morning. In the New Living Translation it says, "The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." There are so many days where I feel like I royally screw up, and it is always such a blessing to know that each day is a new day. We can wake up and start new, and know that God doesn't remind us of our screwups, but gives us mercy to start over again. Some days I end the day and think about how I really did not do things that were pleasing to Him. I can either beat myself up, or I can ask forgiveness, go to sleep and know that I can start over again in the morning. What a comfort to know that according to Isaiah 43:25 that He says, "I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more." Our sins are forgotten and blotted out when we accept Him as our Savior. When we believe He died for us, and ask Him to be our Savior and Lord. He died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins, and offers us salvation as a free gift. What a gift! Knowing without a shadow of a doubt that when we leave this earth that we will get to spend eternity in heaven with Him! In this crazy day and age when things seem so unsettling at times, I can't imagine how scary it would be to not have the peace that only comes through Christ.

3 comments:

K said...

Bravo, well said!

Daisy said...

It's the goodness of God that leads us to repentance ... that's what I thought after reading your title and post! :) I know how it feels to mess up, how it hurts deep inside. I'm grateful He leads us to a place of repentance, how He's willing to forgive and wash us white as snow again. He's such an awesome merciful, loving God.

SchnauzerMom said...

Amen!