Friday, June 20, 2008

Dressing Up Pets

Evie has this thing about dressing up our pets. She just loves to do it, and amazingly Sierra doesn't seem to mind at all. Dolly is less than thrilled with it, but she allows her to put frilly hats on her once in awhile. Sierra on the other hand will walk around with the outfit on for the whole day unless I take it off! Today she was dressed up looking like she was ready for afternoon tea :). She wore the outfit, including the hat while she chewed on her bone. I could not stop laughing. Evie really takes after me in this area, and I didn't even teach her! When I was a kid, I used to dress up our animals in frilly outfits. When I was growing up, I had a dog named Andy that was a miniature schnauzer. I used to dress him in a frilly tutu and tights. The poor dog. I probably gave him a complex. He also wore this satin red jacket that made him look like he belonged on a motorcycle. I have just had this thing with dressing up our pets, and it seems like I have always had animals that didn't seem to mind too much. Way before Evie was born, when Dolly was our "baby", I went to a look at garage sales for some baby clothes. I found this mint green onesie shirt, and ended up having Dolly try it on. Of course it needed an accessory, thus the scrunchie came out. Poor Dolly. She looks thrilled doesn't she? She just laid there though and actually relaxed while I did it. What a compliant cat. She was only a few years old then. Now she is too old, and I wouldn't want to do that to her! So alas, my daughter's desire to dress up our pets comes from me.

4 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

How cute! I have a hard enough time putting a sweater on Scruffy in the winter. I wouldn't dare try anything else.

Jules said...

Our boys used to do this when they were smaller with our last dog. I'm not sure why - probably to have a good laugh. We have a photo of our dog in scarf and glasses and it is quite funny. They seem to have grown out of the habit now.

April said...

Hahahahaha! So cute! Sierra doesn't seem to mind it at all - or getting her picture taken. Dolly looked less than thrilled though - lol!

Daisy said...

Well now ... doesn't Sierra look pretty ...LOL!